UX & UI Designer (f/m/x)
Who we are
trive is a startup studio rethinking the building blocks of how people live, work and move in the future. Our team invests time, experience and money in impactful & relevant ideas and enables movers & shakers around the world to pursue their passions. What is a startup studio? If you don’t know, read our blog.
Our team is based in the heart of Vienna, but we operate on an international level. Founded in 2021, we are currently hiring the core team of our studio. This core team consists of around 10 dedicated and driven people, who are hands-on startup builders and want to shape the future through the ventures we are building.
Why join us?
We believe we can change the world with our ventures and put our whole hearts into it. We expect the same from our core team members. If you want to work in an exciting and performance-driven environment where you can learn a lot, this is the place for you.
- Highly independent and self-responsible working style with a lot of flexibility.
- We live a highly value-based, trust-driven and transparent company culture with no to low hierarchies.
- You can work on several exciting ideas/companies/industries a year.
- We expect our team to give their best and therefore you also participate in the (financial) success of our ventures.
- You have the unique opportunity to shape the development of impactful and relevant startups across Europe.
- In this role, you have the lead for all experience design matters of trive and our portfolio startups. However, you constantly collaborate with a team of driven and dedicated professionals and additionally gain insights into all other specialisations of a startup building process.
Your role & responsibilities
If you enjoy designing products and services that consider all the complexities of delivering customer and business value, this is your role. Your responsibilities:
- Develop user interaction concepts for digital products & services with high complexity and other digital assets, from ideation to execution and in close cooperation with the studio team.
- Assist with the team in the studio building process, including ideation (plus validation), building (product development) and growing (product-market fit).
- Apply UX methods such as persona creation, user-journey mapping, task-flow analysis and more in the ideation and validation phase.
- Create and document UX concepts and deliver wireframes, mockups and low-/high fidelity prototypes with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision and other tools.
- Translate UX deliverables into compelling user interfaces by developing visual UI design frameworks and UI design style guides for the services we will build.
- Produce pixel-perfect UI designs, visual specifications, design prototypes and other artefacts to describe the intended user experience.
- Design landing pages, marketing websites for our new products, services and companies and work with marketing to develop online advertising and more required visual identities.
- Ensure technical feasibility in close collaboration with the development team of the startups.
What you need to succeed
Read our values and make sure your mindset fits ours!
- Relevant work experience as UX & UI designer, preferably across complex web-based services and native mobile applications in a B2B(2C) context.
- Ability to empathize with and understand complex needs of users to translate their goals (jobs to be done) into effective digital experiences.
- Deep understanding of UX design principles, design consistency and design patterns.
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Ability to whiteboard UX/UI concepts using (paper) sketches, post-its, wireframe prototyping tools (Axure, etc.) and design software (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, etc.).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building successful businesses in teams
- Fluency in English. Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Last but not least: creativity and a can-do-mentality, high ambition and drive to achieve excellent results
How to apply
We would love to hear from you! Make sure to include your CV and/or LinkedIn and send through a text/voice/video file stating why you want to work with us via mail (we love to get content that surprises us). No motivation letter required (we also dislike them!).
According to Austrian law, we are required to state a minimum salary for this position. The expected minimum salary for this role is EUR 42,000.00 gross annually. As our team consists of entrepreneurs, you also benefit from the success of the portfolio we are building.
Start Date: asap
Please note that for this position we only accept applicants with a valid working permit in the EU.
Reach out via email@example.com and get in contact whenever you have any questions. We would love to hear from you!
Commitment to Equality
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our team stronger. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and all other diversity dimensions. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for challenging the status quo, you will find a home at trive.